Jump-Start Organic SEO for Start-Ups
For an on-line business a level of investment in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is critical, both to making a successful start and for on-going growth.
You won't make sales if people can't find you! It's as simple as that.
According to statistics, there are now 1.17 billion people using Google; 292 million use Yahoo; 267 million use Bing, so. like it or not, it makes sense to focus initial SEO effort on Google and let the other search engines catch-up, which they will do quite quickly of their own accord.
Organic SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of a webpage in a search engine's unpaid search results, as opposed to the paid-for Ads that you usually see at the top of the search results when you search for anything vaguely commercial.
When you first launch your new webshop you will not rank anywhere in the organic search results. If you don't do anything you will have to wait for the search engines to find your website naturally, which could take many months, and then you have to hope they decide that you have more relevant content than any of your competitors for them to rank your pages on page 1 of the search results. NB The latter is VERY unlikely to happen unless you have very niche content or unless you do something to make it happen!
There have been some major changes to the strategies required for successful organic SEO in the last few years, in particular:
- there has been a major shift of focus towards mobile devices.
- relevant, authoritative and up-to-date content is now identified and weighted in the search engine scoring algorithms.
- Google and the other search engines have got much cleverer, so that they are now impossible to fool!
- it's all got a lot more social, with a major emphasis on blogging, Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
On-page SEO refers to changes made to your website to persuade google that it would be a good idea to index your pages for specific search terms. Magento is very SEO-ready 'out-of-the-box', but it can certainly be improved in some areas.
Our Jump Start SEO Program includes the following on-page SEO activities
- Installation and configuration of an additional Magento SEO package which enables additional tools and settings that can help combat issues such as duplicate content and meta-tags, unwanted 'page not found' errors and optimised category headings.
- A comprehensive keyword analysis of search terms relavant to your products and services showing monthly search volumes on www.google.co.uk, relative competitiveness of the keywords and trends in searches over the last 12 months.
- Optimisation of up to three pages of your choice to focus each on a specific keyword selected from the keyword analysis. This work may comprise changes to the structure of the pages and will certainly include the addition of further text and images relating to your products and services.
NB. Additional content will be written by us and approved by you.
Off-page SEO is the process of generating links and references to your site from elsewhere on the web to enhance the visibility and credibility of your webshop, both in the eyes of the general public and also in the eyes of Google.
Our Jump-Start SEO Program also includes the following off-page SEO activities
- Set-up of your Google My Business listing. Google My Business complements your existing website by giving your business an almost immediate public identity and presence on Google. Your business brand will appear in Google Searches and on Google Maps and you will get a 'click to call' link on mobile devices.
- Set-up of your Google Analytics account and linking of it to your webshop.Google Analytics gives you all the data you need to analyse customers' behaviour whilst using your webshop and placing their orders, enabling you to make informed marketing and business decisions going forward.
- Submission of your website to up to 6 high-quality local business directories. We will link your directory listings with your chosen keywords and post an agreed business description and images where possible.
Our Jump-Start SEO Program takes approximately 4 weeks to complete fully and costs just £495.
Our Jump-Start Blog Add-On costs an additional £150 and includes integration of a fully mobile-responsive blog function to your webshop and a short initial blog post to get you started.
Following-on, we can then provide on-going SEO to maintain and build-on your optimisation, which could include blog posts and will always include comprehensive monthly progress reporting, from £200 per month.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Build me a shop is an independant, specialist Magento company with the specific aim of helping both new and existing users get the most out of their Magento e-commerce package.
Build me a shop is a company with extensive hands-on experience gained through the development of real Magento shops from the product's first release in 2008.
Build me a shop is not a web development agency that that wants to lure you in and charge you for an expensive development project!